ALL THE PROCEEDS of this event go DIRECTLY TO US! As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, all the money we raise helps fund many AWESOME programs and activities at our school! Including...
Advanced Computer Programming
After School Programs
and MANY MORE!
Top 5 Place Winners in Each Division!
Kids 12 & Under make sure to check the "kid's box" on your 'Fishing Ticket' stub! Then you will automatically be added into the drawing for fun prizes!
Kid's Leader Board
Kids 12 & under, also make sure to get fish weighed in and you could be added onto the Kid's Leader Board! Top winners in each division will receive a prize!
Great!! We have plenty of fun and easy volunteer jobs available with no experience necessary! Each volunteer gets a free Salmon Classic T-shirt! Please let us know if you would love to help us out!
Silver Bay Marina - Silver Bay, MN
July 16th & 17th, 2022
Saturday 4am - 6pm
Sunday 4am - 2pm
Air horn will announce start & stop times
MUST land your boat at the Silver Bay Marina to participate in the tournament
Marina will be open for all hours of the tournament. 3:30am Saturday until closing time on Sunday. Be sure to stop in for coffee, rolls and silent auction!
NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY
$25 per ticket
Click Ticket Times to see when you can grab yours!
$5 Each - Sold Separately
(Do not need to be present to win)
Plus Many Other Prizes to WIN!
Tickets sold at the Marina during the tournament or at any of our ticket times. Check below to find out when!
Your ticket purchases are a direct donation to us!!! THANK YOU!
Prizes are sponsored by Marine General
Top 5 Place Winners in Each Division!
1st Place - $500 Gift Card to Marine General
2nd Place - $400 Gift Card to Marine General
3rd Place - $300 Gift Card to Marine General
4th Place - $200 Gift Card to Marine General
5th Place - $100 Gift Card to Marine General
Kids 12 & Under that purchase a fishing ticket will automatically get their name in the drawing to win some door prizes!
Kid's Leader Board
Kids 12 & under, make sure to get your fish weighed in for a chance to be on the Kid's Leader Board! Top Weight in each division win an awesome kids prize!!!
Presentation of the Prizes
Sunday July 17th @ 2pm
Make sure to stay for the raffle drawing and grab a lunch basket!
Available During Entire Tournament - Inside Marina building, at Landing and Docks.
ICE - will be available in the marina. See staff for assistance
Introducing the Salmon Classic Information Guide! We will have a pamphlet available with all the information you'll need to ensure that you get the full Classic experience! Stay tuned on our Facebook page for the release of the guide! Tournament rules will also be inside this guide or you can check them out by clicking below!
Each day your boat must be inspected and flagged by our wonderful volunteers before you head out of the marina. We inspect to make sure there aren't any previously caught fish on your boat. After inspection, you are flagged by a different color ribbon each day to help us keep track which boats are participating in the tournament. Volunteers are available for inspection at the docks and the landing.
Boat slips are $1.25/ foot per night. Camping spots are $20 per night and are limited. No hookups. Contact Marina for slips and more info.
The Silver Bay Marina is under new management, so please be patient with them as they navigate through their first Classic!
AmericInn - Silver Bay
Mariner Motel - Silver Bay
Cove Point - Beaver Bay
Maple Grove Motel - Finland
Lax Lake Resort - Finland
For leader board updates, the Official Radio Channel to the marina is
VHF Channel 68.
For updates on the leader board, or updates throughout the planning process,
Follow 'Lake Superior Salmon Classic' on Facebook!
Make sure to check it out! We will announce the winners of the tournament, raffle and silent auction! Grab a lunch basket and hang out!
NEW DOOR PRIZE DRAWING! - Didn't catch a winning fish? Thats okay! Submit your Salmon Classic Fishing Ticket into the drawing during the Presentation of Prizes for a chance to win some other cool prizes!
We LOVE to see the kids get out there and reel in their own fish!
Be sure your child checks the correct box on their ticket to also be added into the Kid's Door Prize Drawing!
Come to Silver Bay and check out the fun during Bay Days! Look for our booth among the other vendor tents to buy your Salmon Classic tickets and merchandise!
Arriving early? Be sure to stop at the marina building! We will have the Salmon Classic Information Guide, tickets, silent auction, raffle lists and merchandise all ready for you! See you there!
Starting at 3:30am on Saturday, the marina building will be open for all your needs! Tickets, ice, sale items, coffee, and cinnamon/caramel rolls!
Tickets and sale items will also be available at both our tents located at the landing or docks! You can't miss us so be sure to stop and say hi!
1. All people in the boat/charter must have a valid ticket in possession for the contest. Tickets are $25.00 each. Officials may ask contestants to show their ticket at any time. Each boat will have a color tag ID for contest.
2. Tickets will be sold for fishing in the tournament until Noon on Sunday, July 17th, 2022.
3. All contestants must be standing in line to weigh their fish by the designated quitting times listed in Item 5 below. Contestants must have a valid tournament ticket in hand to present to the weigh station official.
4. A fin will be clipped at the time of official weigh-in.
5. The LSSC is a two-day fishing tournament on Lake Superior. All fish must be caught in Minnesota waters ONLY. 1st day runs from 4:00 am to 6:00 pm. 2nd day runs from 4:00 am to 2:00 pm. All fish prizes will be awarded on 7/17/2022 at 2:00 pm.
6. Official clock is located inside the Silver Bay Marina Building.
7. All boats must leave from the SB Marina. Air horn will designate start and stop times. Tournament officials have the right to inspect watercraft and/or coolers at any time.
8. Official Channel is VHF Channel 68. You may hail tournament official on this channel.
9. No boat may come in physical contact with another boat or shore. This will result in disqualification, unless authorized by tournament officials.
10. All tournament watercraft and trailers will be inspected inside & out before launching into and upon leaving tournament waters for the presence of invasive species. All bilges and live wells must be drained, and boats & trailers made free of all vegetation & exotic species. Vegetation and exotic species must be disposed of in a proper location.
11. The tournament officials have the right to cancel the derby at any time they judge the fishing conditions too dangerous for safe conduct of the derby. If it is cancelled, the fish prizes will be awarded in a drawing from registered ticket stubs.
12. Three largest fish divisions (King-Coho-Lake Trout). Contestants may enter one fish per division but can replace it with a larger fish. Only whole, non-gutted fish may be entered.
13. Fish identification determinations are based upon the DNR Fishing Synopsis regulations manual. Disputed fish may be stored in a cooler at the weigh-in site & will be identified by a tournament official. See identification info at: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fish/index/html
a. King Salmon—spots on both upper & lower parts (lobes) of tail. Small oval black spots on back. Black lower gums. Anal fin rays 14-19.
b. Coho Salmon—spots only on back & upper half (lobe) of tail. Spots small & round to oval. Variously gray lower gums,
dusky white mouth. Gill cover reddish. Loses many scales when boated. Anal fin rays | 1-15.
c. Lake Trout—tail fin forked (v-notched hind margin). Predominantly gray head with many small light spots. Pelvic and anal fins may have some white leading edges. Anal fin rays 8-10.
d. NOTE: (May NOT Keep): Rainbow Trout / Steelhead—brown or black spots (not red), especially profuse on the tail and adipose fins. Caudal fin broad but not long, moderately forked 8-12 principal rays. Head blunt, jaw short, prominent white mouth—does not extend past the eye. Distinct dark spots on dorsal fin. Square-shaped tail fin with radiating pattern of spots.
14. In the event of a tie, the earliest weigh-in shall be determined the winner. The first weigh in receives first prize; second receives second and so on.
15. All protests must be accompanied by a $100 cash deposit and must register in writing to tournament officials no later than ten minutes after the last fish has been weighed in. If protest is upheld, the deposit is refunded, if not, deposit if forfeited.
16. All photographs and records become the property of Lake Superior Salmon Classic and contestants hereby consent to their use by LSSC.
17. Rules and prizes are subject to change. All prizes must be accepted as presented. The official rules and prize list will be available during the marina derby weekend and online afterward. All decisions made by tournament officials are final.